Wednesday, November 08, 2006

24/7 Prayer Day 2 (AKA Broken Car Day 1)

As I got into my car to go to the church for a stint in the 24/7 Prayer Room my car decided to break. My lovely brother came over and deduced that the ignition is broken but the ignition switch is fine.

As I cried my tears of distress my mother told me that I should save my tears for my sick children and husband who is 3 hours late coming home. Seeing as these things aare fictional and my car trouble is real I - understandable I believe - did not appreciate this advice. Though I did stop crying - I don't usually cry it was just SO frustrating that it should break again - now - just when I think I am getting ahead.

My brother suggested that I call my mechanic to price out the cost of the repair and call UCFV to see if I could get the part cheap from them. For some reason internally I REALLY did not want to make these phone calls in the morning.

I did call my boss that night and tell her that I would be very late for work but would eventually arrive.

As I was lying in bed that night God gave me His own advice - Grow up! Here I was upset that my car needed to be fixed it's nothing to be worried about - we already have a solution to the problem - just deal with it!

1 comment:

Flip Flops Anonymous said...

Aww Sarah...cars can be SO frustrating sometimes eh?! A blessing if they work, a curse if they don't. I hope that your lovely little car is restored back to its 'full health' soon! If you need a ride to the movie/hangout time on Friday, just give one of us a call :) Love ya!!