Thursday, November 08, 2007

The weekend came and went and is almost here again...

My Aunt and Uncle came up from Lymington Friday night to spend the weekend at their flat with me. They do this once every month - usually the first weekend of the month at that. We sorted out what is going on for Christmas - ie. I get back from my trip on the 22 of December and will go down to Lymington to spend Christmas with them and Grandma as well my Uncle Graham and Aunt Elaine and my cousin Simon and his wife Gemma will be coming over. Gemma will be cooking the Christmas meal for all of us (Note to self: offer my meager cooking services to Gemma).
Saturday I went and did a huge grocery shop and bought only healthy food - yeah me. I made homemade Honey Mustard Dressing that turned out absolutely horrid even though I followed the recipe exactly. I also made a couple of loaves of bread from my Weight Watchers cookbook - one white and one Wholewheat and Honey - they turned out pretty well. I also called my mom and wished her a super happy birthday. She flew up with Emma to GP to spend her birthday with Anna (Becca went down to PG to spend the weekend with her BF's family). Mom got some nifty gifts but I think her favorites are the bright red gloves and new Reginald Hill book I sent to her from here. I mean really wants a Nintendo DS with games and new clothes from Reitmans? Haha! Let me just say that my mom is the most spoiled mom in the world!
Sunday I skipped church because I was late anyway and instead wandered around Leicester square and found the perfect little restaurant to each before going to see a play (Maia!). I was going to see a play but the Half Priced Ticket Booth was closed for some reason. Then I thought I'd go see a movie but all the movies had already started or were going to start in a couple hours. So I just took pics and went back to the flat and made WW Raspberry muffins - must use less raspberry's next time!
My boss skipped work Monday (of course) then called in sick on Tuesday (shocking) she came in yesterday but I was so messed up with my days I went through the whole day thinking it was Tuesday. I didn't realize my mistake until I talked to Anna last night and she corrected me - missed recycling day AGAIN!
So today is Thursday and I have awful cramps and I ran out of medicine! Someone hand me a rusty spoon so I can carve out my uterus - please.
Tomorrow is Friday and then it is Saturday - thank you God for weekends!

No comments: