Monday, November 12, 2007

Look what happens when I leave home...

So my brother and sister-in-law moved to NORTHERN ALBERTA this past weekend. This means that as of today Anna, Becca, Stephen and Emma all live in NORTHERN ALBERTA! Mom put our house on the market on Saturday with the intention of moving to NORTHERN ALBERTA if/when it sells. Who in their right mind wants to live in NORTHERN ALBERTA!
I have no one to blame but myself.
Anna started the trend of the NORTHERN ALBERTAN move but it's still all my fault. You see Anna wanted to go to Bible College but they all seemed too expensive so me being the ever helpful older sister went online and helped her find the cheapest Bible College in Canada - it was in NORTHERN ALBERTA. She decided to go for a year which turned into 4 and she now lives there permanently even though her schooling is done - thanks to her wonderful boyfriend (who we all love).
Becca was the next to make the move - she decided that she wanted to go to Bible College too and figured that the Bible College in NORTHERN ALBERTA would be a good idea. She also went up for a year and is now making it 2- God literally only knows how many.
Now Stephen and Emma have migrated North thanks to the lure of better work and cheaper housing. But seriously it's NORTHERN ALBERTA - it snows in JUNE!
Since all her kids are in NORTHERN ALBERTA and she has a sister and brother in Edmonton Mom has decided to move up there to be closer to her family. She's selling the family home and moving Northward.
I, however, moved to England short term in June of this year and can't believe that when I move back to Canada it will have to be to NORTHERN ALBERTA since, as my mom puts it ''All your stuff will be there.'' Which, don't get me wrong, I totally appreciate that she is willing to transport all my stuff with her but never in a million years did I imagine that we'd all end up living in NORTHERN ALBERTA. I'm getting cold just thinking about it. (Funny story: When Anna moved to NORTHERN ALBERTA my Mom started this thing where Anna was her favorite daughter since she was the furthest away - so whenever Anna would call we'd tell her it's her favorite daughter etc. Well guess who's the Favorite now?! Sad to say that was seriously one of reasons I came to England - haha I win!)
It's ironic to me that I will probably end up living there (atleast for a shortwhile) considering I have never had anything good to say about NORTHERN ALBERTA. I've been there twice - both times in the summer and had to wade through melting snow drifts and huge mud patches. You look around and everything is filthy and you can actually see your dog run away for three days.
*sigh* oh well - God's hand is in this so it's for the best.

1 comment:

Megs said...

seriouslY!?!?!


WHAT?!?!?


tha'ts just crazy talk!! I had NO idea steve and emma moved!! CRAZY. and now your mom?!?! what is the fort going to be like with out a cherry presence?! man alive...crazy, CRAZY!