Friday, September 07, 2007

So now I have job...again

So I got rehired at the place I was working before as an accounts assistant before I quit because my grandfather got really ill. I did not want this job back because when I had it the first time I hated it - it was way too stressfull and my boss treated me like an idiot. The second time around is going much better. Since I don't really care about this job and the worse they can do is find someone else to come in and temp I am much more relaxed and cheerful - it's money and it has a time limit. I told the temp agency that I would go back to the ACU under the condition that it would be for a maximum of 2 months and that I was totally NOT interested in a permanent position.

I only want temp work for several reasons:
1. If you are temping then you get paid every Friday - When you are permanent you get paid once a month!!!!
2. I don't want to do accounting work while I am here but it's money so I can't really say no but atleast I can be happy that it won't be for too long.
3. Working as a temp means that I can have as much time off as I want - all I need to do is give a weeks notice and I am free! Hint hint - anyone want to come for a visit?
4. I get to meet lots of people and hopefully make lots of friends and work in lots of different environments.
5. I'm hoping that eventually I will end up at a gallery or a newspaper or a TV Station or something cool like that.
6. My hours are regular and I have weekends off so I can do fun things with my new friends.

So for whatever reason I am not totally despising this job anymore and I feel happy - the only real bummer is my laptop killed itself and I think I'll have to get a new one - but hey I'm working now so I can afford it - yeah for good money!

1 comment:

Megs said...

crap...lost my comment!

...essence, i'm glad you dont hate your new job!

how is life outside of work!? are you meeting people!? you have a churhc right?!