Monday, September 24, 2007

It's 9:45am and today already sucks!

So I woke up today at 6am feeling really nauseous - so when my alarm went off at 7:10am I didn't bound out of bed. When I look at the clock again it's 8am - I usually leave the flat at 8am having had breakfast, made my lunch, gotten dressed and done my hair and make-up - obviously that wasn't going to happen today. So, I for went breakfast and lunch and was able to leave the flat at 8:05am - not bad eh? It's pouring with rain outside - no problem I figure since I have been carrying an umbrella in my bag since I was caught in a storm without one a month ago. Unfortunately, this umbrella of mine is broken. I didn't realise this until it closed over my head when I was half way down the street. No time to run back for another so I just had to make do with holding it up. I get to the stop down the street get denied entry to one bus but get on to the second. Then get off at Camberwell and wait for my other bus. It arrives I get on, go up stairs and start to read my book. All is well until I hear shouting down stairs. From what I gather the bus driver had been instructing the passengers to move down and I heard some man shouting back "There's NO ROOM! Stop letting so many people on you IDIOT!" Then some more words were exchanged which I didn't quite hear. I was worried the bus driver might get fed up and kick everyone off the bus - they are so touchy. But he didn't and I arrived at my destination 15 minutes later than usual. Now what I usually do is get off the bus at the top of the street that the Hospital is on and then walk the rest of the way - about a 15-25 minute walk - stopping on the way at a coffee shop and picking up a 'Skinny Latte'. Today I did that but also picked up a chocolate croissant and a banana. I knew I couldn't wait till 1pm (my lunch time) to eat. I will never do that again, especially after being naseous. I did, however, end up arriving 5 minutes late for work but whatcha gonna do?
My boss just called to say that she won't be in today which is actually a good thing for me. It means my stress level today at work will be 0 and as I look outside it has stopped raining. Maybe today isn't such a write off after all.

No comments: