Tuesday, July 28, 2009

There and Back Again...

So I spent the weekend in GP - it was hot - but not as bad as what I came home too.
My brother-in-law's birthday was Wednesday so as a surprise mom and I flew up Friday night and back on Sunday. My sister had planned a surprise party for him on Saturday night which worked out well as he was very surprised. Stemma, Mom and I met Anna and Yuya for breakfast at his favorite restaurant. Yuya was told that Stemma wanted to take him out for breakfast to celebrate his birthday and then there would be a family barbeque that evening after he had gone golfing with a friend of his. When he got to the restaurant he ran into another friend at the door but was distracted from that conversation when he noticed me sitting at a table across the room. He didn't trust his eyes. As he shook hands with and spoke to this friend he kept peering over the guys shoulder looking at me. When he and Anna finally made it to the table and hugs were giving out all around he said that he had seen me right away and kept saying to himself "That girl looks like Sarah but what would she be doing here?". We had a wonderful breakfast and Yuya went off to play his round of golf sure in his thinking that our trip up was his surprise. It wasn't. When he got home from golf there was a houseful of people waiting to wish him a very happy 30th Birthday. That party didn't end until 2am Sunday - well that's when I went to bed - had to be up at 5:30am to catch the flight home.
What a whirlwind trip - but worth it!

No comments: