Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'm going home...

So I've been living in my mom's house since she and my little sister departed a week an half ago for Mexico to build houses for the poor. I have enjoyed my solitude - a little too much probably. I find the more anti-social I am the more anti-social I get. I have also not had a good night sleep since they left. I have been getting only 2 to 4 hours of sleep each night and for that reason I am an absolute wreck. Tuesday I came to work at 6:30am - worked for 2 hours and then gave up and went home and slept until 2:30.
It's been productive week and a bit though. I wrote my second midterm for my OrgBeh class - I didn't fail! I went to an absolutely wonderful wedding - I spent quality time with a friend visiting from Ghana - I spent even more quality time with a friend visiting from Edmonton and we had an impromptu sleep over (on a work night no less!) - I enjoyed a wonderful time sitting around a fire hearing my favorite true story re-told by fabulous friends - I spent gobs of time catching up with a friend who has been exploring the other side of the world for months and months and is back doing that already - I played frisbee with some very encouraging people who didn't seem to mind that at my age I needed lessons on how to throw said frisbee - I had a 4.5 hour conversation over coffee at Starbs with a friend I hadn't spent any quality time with in 4.5 months.
Wow - I guess I haven't been as anti-social as I thought...

No comments: