Tuesday, October 09, 2007

So my boss has stopped coming to work...

As of today my boss has had a FIVE day weekend!
She is supposed to have Fridays off and therefore only have a 4 day work week but I've noticed that since I came back to work here in September that she has started taking both Monday and Fridays off.
She generally calls on Monday to say that she won't be coming in because she thinks that she will have to work Friday - fair enough she's only supposed to work 4 days - but when Friday rolls around she calls and says that she isn't coming in because she has some things to do. Fine whatever - but today she called to say that she wasn't feeling well and won't becoming in.
Now today is Tuesday and she pulled her usual Friday and Monday stunts so she has had FIVE days off in a row - for crying out loud!
Thankfully the girl that I took over for has come back from her NINE WEEK holiday and is helping to keep me sane since when the boss is absent she works in the office with me - but I will laugh so hard if my boss skips work tomorrow too because seriously what kind of example is she setting for the other employees?
I have a feeling that she is avoiding me and the other girl because we don't want to keep working here. I came back with the understanding that I would only work here for 2 months and this girl back from holidays came back saying that she would only stay on for 1 month. So essentially this absentee boss of mine needs to find someone else to work in this office fulltime by the end of October.
She's already been trying to talk the other girl into staying and I have a feeling that I maybe next. Since I've booked my trip for December I may relent and tell her that I'll stay on till then but after that I don't think so.
I am so bored today I could just cry! The weather is absolutely miserable and I am totally not looking forward to my hour long commute home. I need a challenge and I don't want it to be here.
I feel very cranky - I want a 5 day paid weekend!

No comments: