Thursday, October 18, 2007

Interesting...

So the boss was in on Monday and Tuesday but she has taken the rest of this week and the beginning of next week off.
But that doesn't stop her from making my life difficult.
She offered me a permanent job here. Now I came back to this job with the clear understanding (I thought) that it would be a strictly temporary thing. It has come to my attention recently that I have never been without a job and I think I need a chance to try new things.

My jobs to date have been:
1. Stable hand (I'm not kidding)
2. Quiznos sandwich maker
3. Pizza Hut - CSR, Server, Shift Manager, Assistant RGM
4. Traveland RV - Receptionist
5. Numbers Accounting - Bookkeeper

Now my job here is ok but I don't want it - and I get this feeling that my boss is really manipulative and I kind stand that.
I see how she's trying to manipulate the other girl into staying and it makes me wonder just how much time she's probably spent manipulating me as well.
She tells me that I need to stay because if I want to travel the countries won't let me in if I don't have a permanent job which may be true but I'm not that concerned about it - plus if I take the job it's a pay cut - who takes a pay cut? When I pointed that out to her she told me that I was wrong but I figured it out - I'm making £13/hr now and if I took the job I would be making £12.08/hr - pay cut!
I'm tired of settling and I want to see what else is out there - this job holds no new things for me to learn it is time to move on - once she gets back from her holiday I'm going to tell her that she needs to find someone else because I'm not interested.
I've been fretting over this for a few days now and that's my conclusion.

No comments: