Monday, April 27, 2009

Edmonton...

I am home safe and sound from my little jaunt to Edmonton.

I had a wonderful time relaxing and spending time with Anne & Alison. It started off a little rocky with Anne being 30 minutes late picking me up. Poor thing was VERY upset that she was late. It wasn't her fault though - she left in plenty of time to get to the airport nice and early but ended up getting a speeding ticket which then took the cop 25 minutes to write up. It was a speed trap and 2 others cars were pulled over after she was and they both left before her. I didn't really mind - it was a bit disconcerting because she doesn't have a cell phone but...I just sat down and read my book in the airport and figured she would show up eventually - and she did :)
Alison, however, was a bit more upset since she was waiting for us but I was able to contact her and let her know we were running late and why on my cellphone.

Saturday we met Alison at the Farmer's Market where I bought this fabulous vinaigrette - which I conveniently forgot I couldn't take home because it was larger than 100ml and I only had a carryon with me. Then we went for a nice little lunch where a proceeded to dump hot coffee down my lovely cream shirt - that was so NOT emabarassing. After lunch we walked up and down Whyte Ave popping in and out of all the cute shops down there. I would recommend it to anyone who goes to Edmonton. Then Alison went home and Anne and I rented some movies.

Sunday Anne and I ended up going to Starbucks 3 times - heard the exact sermon that we needed to hear - went back to Whyte Ave - I had my first Booster Juice ever - went to West Ed - stopped by Alison's place (which is fabulous by the way) - and then off to the Airport (nice and early).
When I got home I promptly washed my coffee stained laundry and went to bed.

All in all I really enjoyed myself and am very happy that I went and feel very relaxed.
Oh and I found out today that I passed business stats so that's a plus :)

No comments: