Wednesday, August 08, 2007

So now I quit my job...

I had my job for less than 2 weeks and I have already quit it - why you may ask - because life is too short!
I got a call Sunday saying that my Grandfather had taken a very serious turn for the worse and I guess we all knew this was coming but everyone likes to tell themselves lies every so often.
I called my boss that day and told her thanks but no thanks (she wanted me to come on permanently.) She of course didn't want to let me go. I don't know what it is but none of my bosses ever want me to leave - I guess I am just too wonderful - haha.
I came here to help out with my grandparents and that is what I am going to do. It's funny how helpful you can be when you try. With my grandfather being so ill I've just been mainly keeping my grandmother occupied so my aunt who is a nurse can care for my grandfather. My grandmother has advanced alzheimers and tends to wonder away and really needs someone to keep an eye on her.
I also decided that while I am in England even after my grandfather has passed on I don't want to be stcuk doing some stupid nine to five job - that was what I was doing in Canada I sure as heck didn't come all the way to England to fall straight back into that rut.
I want to do something that I love to do - something that I am passionate about. Hopefully I'll be able to find something like that but even if I can't atleast I now know that if I become desperate for cash I can easily find a temp job in accounting.
So yay for that.
My grandparent's pastor was by today and we had communion with him - it was something that my grandfather really wanted to do so I am glad that that was able to happen. My uncle Graham my grandparents eldest child was able to come over from the IOW with his wife and join in in that so that was good too. My cousin Steve came over yesterday to spend some time with my Grandfather and my cousin Simon and his wife are coming over Friday to see him too.

No comments: