Friday, August 03, 2007

So now I have job...

My Mom and Sisters left last on July 23/07 (last Monday) and then next I got a whole load of calls from this one agency and the next thing I know they're asking me to go for an interview in an hour. I did it but I was 15 minutes late, however being the responsible adult that I am I called them and told them that I would be late. Long story short I got the job and cancelled my temp interview for the next day (Wednesday). I was trained for the rest of the week and now on my own. eeek! The girl who was training me is off travelling and I don't think my boss likes me much :( I think that she thinks I am an idiot but that's her problem I can only do the best that I can and with so little time spent with my predcessor this is all she can expect (this is what I tell myself). What sucks is that feeling inadequate for my job makes me hate my job! Today my boss took the day off - she only works 4 days a week - yay! I'm hopping that if I stick it out for a bit longer I'll get the hang of it and not hate it so much but I get a feeling that this is not why I came to England. Sure it's nice to have money coming in but I don't think God has me here just so that I can work at some office job - I was doing that quite happily in Canada.
On the plus side I went to Hillsong last Sunday and met tons of people and I plan to go have coffee tomorrow morning with one of the girls I met. So yay for me I can still make friends - haha! (I only say that because most of my friends I've known for a ridiculously long time)
We shall see what happens next in this saga of mine.

1 comment:

Megs said...

YAY! SARAH! I am SOOO proud. Your mom told me you got the job the day we left for rough acres!! I'll be praying that you come to enjoy it and that GOd reveals why you are there! And way to go about making friends! that's amazing!!
we miss you here...*sigh* ...
i'm so stoked for you htough, things seem to be coming together quite nicely!
love ya!