Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The return of my car...

So I have finally gotten my car back - and this is how it happened.

I was totally fed up on Monday so I called and left a message for my adjuster first thing to find out if she could get the repair to start moving. She didn't call me back so at 10:30 I called her again and she essentially said "Too bad, so sad". She told me that "It isn't unheard of for a repair to take over a month to be completed." Oh come on! Who can afford to rent a car or be without a car for over a month!

I had spoken with Kirmac twice last week and they both times jerked me around (It'll be ready by the middle of this week to the end of this week - middle of next week to the end of next week) - I wasn't playing anymore. I called Kirmac right after I got off the phone and asked when my car would be ready. I got the usual reply - "Well, Bryan is working on your car and he isn't here right now how about you call back?" So I did and I was told that they were now hoping to get it done "today" (monday) but I should call back that afternoon. So I did and they said it was just out of paint and should be done by 5 - I have class Monday's at 4 so I said I would pick it up first thing on Tuesday and that's what I did.

So Yay my car is back in one and in my possession but I don't appreciate how long it took to get done - Last Monday they told they had all the parts but other cars had been towed in and took priority - MY CAR WAS A TOW IN TOO! Where the heck is my PRIORITY! So I have learned that to get anything done you have to be the "Squeaky Wheel" and if you call someone repeatedly then you will get what you want. Being nice and understanding will only get you dropped to the bottom of the list.

3 comments:

Flip Flops Anonymous said...

cars...enough said...i'm glad you have yours back now tho :)

Flip Flops Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah!! We missed you on Wednesday (pirate party). Hope you're doing fantabulous :) How 'bout an update....oooh, an ode to your upcoming adventure?!? ;)

Flip Flops Anonymous said...

YAY!! We got to hangout today :) For this I was truly thankful!! You're so great Sarah...I love how you just 'say it as it is'. It makes me very happy :)