Friday, February 02, 2007

It's my Birthday!

So today I am officially 24 years old - boo.

A month or so ago I started telling myself that I was already 24 years old just so I would have a smooth transition into actually turning 24. Such as when I would speak disparagingly about myself - "I am 24 years old and I don't have a degree" - "I am 24 years old and I don't have a boyfriend" - the boyfriend thing is only particularly upsetting because I have a 20 year old brother who is MARRIED and I don't even have a boyfriend!

I think 24 is the year that birthdays are going to start going downhill for me - my one saving grace is that I am moving to England I have filled out my UK Passport application, gotten my picture taken and on Sunday I'm going to get PK to sign it all and I am going to mail it off on Monday - I AM doing this, I AM leaving the country and running far, far away. I have to, otherwise I will be stuck living the rest of my life not living the life that God has chosen for me. I feel like Abraham when God told him to leave his family and go into the unknown and Abraham instead took his family with him - that was NOT what God asked him to do. I feel that God is calling me to England and I have to answer that call. Maybe there I will find something that will awaken my sleeping spirit. Until then I wait and pray (as patiently as possible).

2 comments:

Megs said...

YAY!!! hahaha it's your birthday and I love it..do doo dooo. YAY your running away and YAY I'll be there with you running!...well shortly! WOO WOO

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN!!!

Flip Flops Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!! WOO HOO!! This is going to be a really AWESOME year for you...ahh England...i'm seriously SO pumped for you :) Ok, so when are you free?! We need to celebrate your birthday friend!! I love you!!