Thursday, March 05, 2009

Rice...

So I'm not the smartest person in the world...

On Tuesday my sister and her boyfriend and my mom were all making dinner - I don't know why they thought they needed such a team effort but regardless they did. My sister's boyfriend burnt the rice so I thought I would be helpful and chuck the rice down the disposal and start soaking the rice pot - it was burnt pretty black.

Apparently you ARE NOT supposed to put rice down a sink because it expands and clogs the pipes. How can I have lived so long and NEVER been told this. Needless to say the sink got all clogged and the pipes started leaking and I had to go to school that night so I left my very annoyed younger sister and her boyfriend to try and deal with the mess. She then against my advice put draino down the sink - I figured that since the pipes were already leaking that the draino would just pour out anyways...and it did - they then used my towel to clean up all the mess - my blue and white striped towel is now pink and white - how fun. They spent hours trying to fix it but they couldn't.

So Wednesday I came to work and went onto Ask.com and asked the question "How do you unplug a sink clogged with rice?" I got several good answers but the one I went for was the sink snake - so after work I went to Home Depot and picked myself up a 1/4" auger. I got home at 4:15 and by 4:30 I had removed the trap and snaked the drains and unclogged the clogs.

The lessons in this story are...
1) Do not put rice down a sink
2) You can "Ask" anything and get a good answer
3) If I make a problem I will fix the problem

2 comments:

Megs said...

Soooo if I make a problem...will you fix the problem!?

QueenBee said...

Yes - I will fix your problems - haha!